Karl de Jong’s Top 10 Reasons to Vote in this
- Local elections are won by a handful of votes. Your vote will make a difference.
- You have the power to hold school districts, municipal, county, state, and the federal government to a responsible budget and funding your priorities.
- Make no mistake, who we elect into office matters. Government officials live in our communities and make decisions that impact our lives every day.
- You don’t have to know everything about every candidate. Register and vote for the candidates who share your opinion on the issue you care about most.
- Sometimes we all get sick of politics, but it is better to be a part of the effort to make things better. Thus, you can be an important part of that change.
- Our families, especially our children, are greatly affected by the choices politicians make. Be their voice, be their vote.
- They say the squeaky wheels get the grease. Communities that vote more make a bigger impression on politicians who need those votes, and get more attention.
- So many have, and continue, to lay down their lives to preserve your right to vote. Honor their sacrifice: Vote.
- The power to make a difference in these elections is really in your hands. And believe it or not, it does make a difference in your life every day.
- Join your fellow citizens. Stand up and fight for our jobs, our families, and our future.