1. NEW – Our Newest Teammates
Skagit County Democrats would like to extend a warm welcome to:
- Mayra Velazquez, PCO for precinct Mount Vernon 22 (322)
- Jamal Rabieh, PCO for precinct Gear (126)
Thanks for joining us in our efforts to elect more local, state, and national Democrats! Welcome Aboard!
2. Gala tickets are now available for purchase at the Skagit County Democrats Headquarters
$60 per ticket. Gala tickets are very limited right now so before you buy your Gala Tickets online, please call or email the Skagit County Democrats’ staff for availability of tickets at 360-336-1555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Calling hours are Monday to Friday, Noon to 4:00pm. Email anytime. The Skagit Democrats will create a wait list as seats open up from reserved seating that is cancelled so please add your name to the wait list. The wait list will be called in order of sign up.
To donate an item for the auction, please contact email@example.com or call 360-336-1555 during office hours (Monday – Friday, Noon to 4:00pm). All proceeds benefit the work of the Skagit County Democrats.
The Gala scheduled for Jun 1 has some volunteer positions to fill during the event. The Gala is our major fund raising event of the year. Time committment for Gala volunteers begins at 4:00pm and ends right after the live auction. If you are interested please call Headquarters at 360-336-1555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request more information. A Gala Team member will return your call.
3. NEW – The next Gala Team Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 16, 1:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
With the Gala now less than a month away, the Team has decided to set weekly Team meetings from here on out: Thursdays, May 9, 16 and 23.
4. 2019 Candidate Filing begins Monday, May 13 and ends Friday, May 17
Click Here for a list of 2019 Offices Open for Election in Skagit County. Click Here for more information from the Secretary of State’s Office. Click Here for more information from the Skagit County Auditor’s Office.
5. Democratic Women on the Rocks, Monday, May 13, 4:00pm – 6:00pm, 13 Moons Restaurant, Swinomish Casino, 12885 Casino Drive, Anacortes
6. Fidalgo Democrats next meet Tuesday, May 14, 7:00pm at the Anacortes Public Library, 1220 10th Street, Anacortes
Our 40th Legislative District representatives or surrogates, plus 10th Legislative District Representative Dave Paul will give a “Legislative Wrap-Up.” A moderated discussion will follow the presentations. Also, Washington State Democrats Northwest Field Organizer Alex del Rosario will speak to the group. Please bring friends, family, or colleagues. Help yourself to coffee and Rita Sullivan’s homemade cookies. Also, please bring a non-perishable item for the food bank donation box. For more information contact Corinne Salcedo, chair, at 360-293-7114.
7. The 10th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board next meets Saturday, May 18, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mt Vernon
8. NEW – 39th Legislative District Democrats Endorsements Meeting, Sunday, May 19, 1:30pm – 4:30pm, Monroe Public Library, 1070 Village Way, Monroe
We are holding a special endorsement meeting for the General Membership for the consideration of candidates that have already sought our endorsement as well as endorsements from the floor.
9. NEW – Indivisible Bellingham is hosting a discussion on the Green New Deal, Monday, May 20, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship (Lower level), 1207 Ellsworth Street, Bellingham
Admission is free but donations are welcome.
10. NEW – Young Democrats of Skagit County meet Wednesday, May 22, 7:00pm, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
11. The first 39th Legislative District Democrats Gala is scheduled for Saturday, May 25, 4:30pm, Hadley Hall (at Boys and Girls Club), 18513 59th Ave NE
Featured speakers will include 1st U.S. Congressional District Representative Suzan DelBene, Snohomish County Executive Dave Somers, and 39th Legislative District candidates to be announced. This will be a catered event and seats are very limited (we will only be seating 72) so be sure to get your tickets right away. Tickets are $60. Click Here for tickets and more information.
12. NEW – The next General Membership Meeting of the 40th Legislative District Democrats will be Sunday, Jun 2, Bellingham, Time and Location To Be Announced
This will be the endorsement meeting, too.
13. NEW – Labor-Dem Work Group Meeting, Wednesday, Jun 12, 5:30pm, United Steel Workers Hall, 47 Alder Lane, Mount Vernon
We will discuss our plans for the Skagit Fair and have a showing of the new documentary “Labor Wars of the Northwest.”
14. NEW – The Skagit County Democrats are recruiting
The Skagit County Democrats need a cleaning person. Time involved is one or two hours a month. Job includes cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the space and wiping down the food area and other counters. A salary is offered subject to negotiation. Please email email@example.com for more information, if interested.
15. NEW – Please consider helping the Skagit Democrats with a project for the Skagit County Fair
We want to create a ‘Donkey Flipper’ that flips bean bag donkeys into the ‘2020 Democrats Winners Pot!’ A carpenter is needed for the Donkey Flipper (not very hard to make and we have examples of the flipper) and a sewer (one who sews) for the 6 bean bag donkeys. If interested in helping, please contact Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-770-3512.
16. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.