Filing for Office
Filing for Candidacy in 2016
Click here to view offices open for election this year. The link for online filing will be posted here at the beginning of the filing week.
- Candidate Filing Week – May 14-18, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Special 3-day filing – If no one files for a position, then Skagit County Elections will hold a special 3-day filing period.
Candidates filing for office in Skagit County will be able to file for office online and use a credit card to pay the filing fee. Online filing will be available 24 hours a day starting at 9:00 a.m. Monday, May 14, and ending at 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 18. Filing online and paying with credit card means candidates need not appear in person at the Elections Department. Candidates who file online will receive the following benefits:
- Candidates will receive an immediate email when another candidate files for the same position.
- Candidates will receive an email if a candidate withdraws from the same race.
- Candidates can pay their filing fees with a credit card.
- Candidates will submit their voters’ pamphlet statement and photos online.
Please note: Candidates are required to provide an email address when filing.
Candidates filing for office in Skagit County can also file using either of the following methods:
- File in person in the elections Department in the Office of the County Auditor, 2nd floor of
the County Administration Building, 2nd & Kincaid, Mount Vernon, or
- Candidates who will be out of the area during the filing period can file by mail. Contact the Elections Department of the Skagit County Auditor’s Office for more instructions.
For further information, contact Skagit County Elections by phone at (360) 336-9305, or by email at email@example.com
To download a copy of the mail-in form, click here.
All candidates who file will have the option to submit a statement, biography, and photo for the printed and online voters’ pamphlet. Submission guidelines are given in the link below.