1. THE KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL! Remember to watch out for the kiddies as you drive2. Making Democracy Work – Discussion with Native American and Latino Community Leaders, sponsored by League of Women Voters of Skagit County, Monday, Sep 16, Mount Vernon High School Cafeteria, 314 North 9th Street, Mount Vernon
“This is an opportunity for Secretary of WA State Kim Wyman and Skagit County Auditor Sandy Perkins to meet with Native American and Latino community leaders to share ideas and discuss best ways to ensure full participation in the electoral process. The hour long discussion will be followed by an informal reception.”
3. Burlington Homelessness Discussion, Tuesday, Sep 17, 5:30pm, Burlington Chamber of Commerce 520 East Fairhaven Avenue, Burlington
“The Burlington Chamber of Commerce is hosting an open Q & A session regarding homelessness and the effects on local business, featuring City of Burlington Police Chief Luvera and Mayor Sexton. Business owners and members of the community are encouraged to attend!”
4. NEW – Global Climate Strike, Friday, Sep 20, 11:00am, Skagit County Courthouse Steps, 205 West Kincaid Street, Mount Vernon
Host Contact Info: email@example.com. For more information, Click Here.
5. NEW – 27th Annual Fall Garage Sale, Friday & Saturday, Sep 20 & 21, 9:00am – 4:00pm, Skagit County Fairgrounds, 479 West Taylor Street, Mount Vernon
Admission: $3. On-site parking: $3. Click Here for flyer.
6. NEW – 2019 Skagit Valley Giant Pumpkin Festival, Saturday, Sep 21, 9:00am – 4:00pm, Christianson’s Nursery & Greenhouse, 15806 Best Road, Mount Vernon
7. NEW – Oyster Run 2019 Information and Program, Sunday, Sep 22, 9:00am – 5:00pm, 12th and Commercial Streets, Anacortes (ten blocks of Commercial Avenue are closed off for the event)
Start making your arrangements to attend the 38th Annual Oyster Run today! Join in on the fun and make it a day to remember, with camaraderie and friendly faces at every turn. Head on over on Sunday the 22nd of September for a day packed full of enjoyment. Vendors, drill team, live music and more.
8. NEW – National Voter Registration Day
The League of Women Voters of Skagit County will be registering voters in several locations in Skagit County (times – TBD) including the Anacortes Library, Burlington Library, Sedro-Woolley Library, Mount Vernon Library, and Mount Vernon Goodwill.
9. NEW – Community Preparedness & Prevention Fair, Saturday, Sep 28, 10:00am – 3:30pm, Skagit Valley College, 2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon
SEPTEMBER IS NATIONAL PREPAREDNESS MONTH. ARE YOU PREPARED? Skagit County Department of Emergency Management has partnered with Skagit Valley College to host a Community Preparedness & Prevention Fair. Come learn what to do before disaster strikes. Several federal, state, and local agencies and community organizations will be there to provide important information on how to prepare for an emergency or natural disaster, including the American Red Cross, United States Geological Survey, Puget Sound Energy, MV Hope, North West Health Network, CERT, and Skagit Search & Rescue (just to name a few). This is a FREE event. Bring your family and have fun while you learn how to prepare and respond to an emergency.
10. NEW – The League of Women Voters of Skagit County will host a Candidate Forum for the Mount Vernon Mayor, City Council and Hospital District 4 Position 1 races, Monday, Sep 30, 7:00pm – 8:30pm, Skagit PUD, 1415 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon