1. Northwest Washington Central Labor Council’s Labor Day Picnic, Monday, Sep 2, Noon to 4:00pm, Riverfront Park, 901 River Road, Sedro-Woolley
Music, Burgers, Chicken, and Salmon provided by the NWWCLC. Bring a side dish!2. NEW – 40th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board meets Wednesday, Sep 4, 5:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
3. Reception suporting 2nd Congressional District Representative Rick Larsen, Monday, Sep 5, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, at the home of Joe Mosolino
Address will be provided upon RSVP. Please RSVP to Zach Martin at 360-797-9256 or email@example.com.
4. 10th Legislative District Executive Board meets Saturday, Sep 7, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
5. UPDATED – 40th Legislative District Democrats Special Meeting, Sunday, Sep 8, Noon, Localgroup Studio, 221 Prospect Street, Bellingham
“This is a Special Meeting to elect a new Chair and Whatcom Vice-Chair for the 40th LD Democrats. Elected and Appointed PCOs, are eligible to vote on the election of new officers. PCOs are also the only ones eligible to vote on removing someone from an office to which they have previously been elected. Acting PCOs are not eligible to vote. Acting PCOs do not live in the precincts they are representing.
Please RSVP to Linda Winter Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org because it is vital we have a quorum.
The Whatcom Vice-Chair is a voting member of the Executive Boards of the Whatcom Democrats and the 40th LD Democrats, and as such, is expected to attend the meetings and be a paid member or a PCO of both organizations. Also, the Whatcom Vice-Chair represents the 40th LD on the Whatcom Democrats Candidate Committee and the Whatcom Democrats Crosstalk Committee if the Chair doesn’t live in Whatcom County or the Chair asks the Vice-Chair to be the 40th LD representative on one or both of those committees.
If you, or someone you know, are interested in running for either Chair or Whatcom Vice-Chair, please send an email to email@example.com and please include “40th LD” in the subject. We need some people to step up for these positions! If you have thought about getting more involved in the 40th LD Democrats, now is the time!” Click Here to review the 40th LD ByLaws.
6. Democratic Women on the Rocks, Monday, Sep 9, 4:00pm – 6:00pm, 13 Moons Restaurant, Swinomish Casino, 12885 Casino Drive, Anacortes
7. Fidalgo Democrats meet Tuesday, Sep 10, 7:00pm, Anacortes Public Library, 1220 10th Street, Anacortes
“The Decline of the Free Press” will be the topic for Professor Kurt Dunbar of Skagit Valley College, followed by a moderated discussion. Please bring friends, family, or colleagues. Help yourself to coffee and cookies. Also, bring a non-perishable item for the food bank donation box. For more information call Corinne at 360-293-7114. Our meetings are lively!
8. NEW – The Skagit County Democrats will host a Debate-Watching Party on Thursday, Sep 12, 5:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
The debate begins at 5:00 p.m. Doors will be open at 4:30p.m. Food and beverages will be provided. Please come and unite around our Democratic candidates. We welcome all to attend and be part of the Democratic Community!
9. UPDATED – The Skagit County Democrats Executive Board meets Saturday, Sep 14, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
Our agenda for this meeting will include a progress report on the bylaw adoption and endorsement rules update, official adoption of the candidate recruitment committee, and starting our preparation for the 2020 convention. Bring your ideas and bring a friend.
10. 39th Legislative District Democrats General Meeting, Saturday, Sep 14, 10:00am – 1:00pm, Stillaguamish Conference Room, 154 West Cox Street, Arlington
The agenda will include election of vacant Executive Board positions and a presentation by Snohomish County Assessor Linda Hjelle.
11. The 10th Legislative District Democrats 1st annual Grilled Salmon Picnic, Saturday Sep 14, 1:00pm – 5:00pm, Pioneer Park, 1200 South 4th Street, La Conner
Tickets are $25 (includes salmon dinner with corn or fresh seasonal vegetable, a variety of salads, drinks, and desserts). Beer and wine will be available. There will be a few political speeches, a silent auction and a raffle, as well as music by singer-songwriters Steve DeHaven and Gary Kanter. Tickets may be purchased on Brown Paper Tickets (https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4293318).
12. NEW – 2020 Skagit County Democrats County Convention
The Skagit County Democrats are assembling a team to plan the 2020 County Convention, to be held on Sunday, May 3, 2020. This committee will be responsible for securing a site, ordering supplies, scheduling speakers and other events, and making sure that the event complies with rules set by the state and national parties. If you would like to be involved in this project, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Purchase opportunity to help the Skagit County Democrats – Portable Canvas Shed
We have, at the Skagit Democrats Headquarters in Mount Vernon, a large Portable Canvas Shed (Click Here), “ABBA SHED” 8’x14′. It is a large cover that can be used for a party, shed to store items, and other potential uses, like a large picnic. This item was donated by a great Democrat as part of the Gala auction. The proceeds from this Shed will be used in much needed Party expenses. The suggested value is $400. However, if you are interested, please do make an offer at/to Headquarters Staff, 360-366-1555. Your support will be greatly appreciated.
14. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.