1. Democratic Women on the Rocks, Monday, Jul 8, 4:00pm – 6:00pm, 13 Moons Restaurant, Swinomish Casino, 12885 Casino Drive, Anacortes
2. NEW – Attention 39th Legislative District members – Alex Del Rosario is conducting a Volunteer Convention and Strategy Session, Wednesday, Jul 10, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Marysville Public Library, 6120 Grove Street, Marysville
This is the first volunteer convention in the Northwest this year. Why? To build foundation and more infrastructure in these LDs that may be a bit more purple or red. During this time, we will re-cap some of the 2018 election cycle, understand what we’re up against for 2020, go over our team model, and do some in-depth training on our organizing and voter turnout tactics. Bring a dish to share with folks! Click Here to sign up.
3. Fidalgo Democrats Candidate forum Tuesday, Jul 9, 7:00pm, Anacortes Library, 1220 10th Street; Impeach Trump slide show begins at 6:45pm
Fidalgo Democrats will host the four candidates for the 40th LD senate seat: Sen. Liz Lovelett, Carrie Blackwood, Daniel Miller, and Greta Aitken. The moderator for the forum will be Dave Allen, fielding questions to the candidates from the Fidalgo Democrats Steering Committee and from the audience. Please bring a non-perishable item for the food bank donation box. For more information contact Corinne Salcedo, chair, at 360-293-7114.
4. The Skagit County Democrats Executive Board meets Saturday, Jul 13, 10:00am – Noon, Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
5. NEW – 10th Legislative District Representative Dave Paul will present a Camano Island Town Hall, Saturday, Jul 13, 3:30pm – 5:00pm, Camano Island Library – Sno-Isle Libraries, 848 North Sunrise Boulevard, Camano Island
6. The next PCO Get-Together is scheduled for Tuesday, Jul 16, 6:00pm, Max Dale’s Steak & Chop House, 2030 Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon
7. UPDATED – Precinct Committee Officer County-Wide Doorbelling, Saturday, Jul 20
Alex DelRosario and Lynn Campbell are excited to launch their first county-wide doorbelling event for all PCO’s. (This event is also open to members and volunteers.) We are reaching out to our community in order to lay the groundwork for 2020. Please email Alex (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lynn Campbell (email@example.com) if you are interested in participating in this event. It would be awesome if you can come to one of these events:
- 10th Legislative District, Mount Vernon Meeting Location – Lynn Campbell’s house (address will be given if you express interest in going to this event), Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm, Sign up here
- 39th Legislative District, Sedro-Woolley Meeting Location – Germaine Kornegay’s house (address will be given if you express interest in going to this event), Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm, Sign up here
- 40th Legislative District, Anacortes Meeting Location – Bob Doll’s house (address will be given if you express interest in going to this event), Time: 12:00pm – 4:00pm, Sign up here
8. NEW – 10th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board Meeting, Saturday, Jul 20, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
9. The 39th Legislative District Democrats General Meeting and Potluck Brunch is scheduled for Sunday, Jul 21, 10:00am – 1:00pm, Stillaguamish Room, 154 West Cox Street, Arlington
We know meetings in the summer can be challenging but it is crucial for important business (like endorsements) to be dealt with in a timely manner. We are not expecting a particularly business-heavy meeting, so bring the family and a potluck brunch item and join us for a laid back general meeting.
10. Endorsement Committee to continue with non-partisan endorsements
The Endorsement Committee of Skagit County Democrats has elected to offer non-partisan candidates an opportunity to be considered for endorsement. The Committee has established a new deadline for the receipt of certification and/or endorsement requests from non-partisan candidates of 4:00 pm on 22 July, either electronically or at the Skagit County Democrats Headquarters in Mount Vernon. The Committee will hold interviews for requesting candidates, starting at 4:00pm on Tuesday, Jul 23. The Skagit County Democrats Executive Board will consider scheduling an all-membership meeting, tentatively planned for Saturday, Jul 27, 10:00am, to consider the Endorsement Committee recommendations.
11. Purchase opportunity to help the Skagit County Democrats – Portable Canvas Shed
We have, at the Skagit Democrats Headquarters in Mount Vernon, a large Portable Canvas Shed (Click Here), “ABBA SHED” 8’x14′. It is a large cover that can be used for a party, shed to store items, and other potential uses, like a large picnic. This item was donated by a great Democrat as part of the Gala auction. The proceeds from this Shed will be used in much needed Party expenses. The suggested value is $400. However, if you are interested, please do make an offer at/to Headquarters Staff, 360-366-1555. Your support will be greatly appreciated
12. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.