1. NEW – Welcome to the following Precinct Committee Officers and Captains
2. NEW – Liz Lovelett would like to invite you to her Campaign Kick Off, Monday, Jun 10, 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Pelican Bay Books and Coffeehouse, 520 Commercial Avenue, Anacortes
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Democratic Women on the Rocks, Monday, Jun 10, 4:00pm – 6:00pm, 13 Moons Restaurant, Swinomish Casino, 12885 Casino Drive, Anacortes
4. NEW – Carrie Blackwood Kickoff, Tuesday, Jun 11, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, YWCA Bellingham Ballroom, 1026 North Forest Street, Bellingham,
RSVP to email@example.com.
5. Fidalgo Democrats meet Tuesday, Jun 11, 7:00pm, Anacortes Public Library, 1220 10th Street, Anacortes
Morgan Steele Dykeman, Legislative Affairs Manager for NARAL Pro-Choice, Northwest Region, will speak on “The Continuing War on Women.” She will cover how the last legislative session addressed reproductive rights, the threat to those rights across the nation, and reproductive freedom in this year’s local elections. A moderated discussion will follow the speaker. Please bring friends, family, or colleagues. Help yourself to coffee and Rita Sullivan’s homemade cookies. Also, please bring a non-perishable item for the food bank donation box. For more information contact Corinne Salcedo at 360-293-7114. Our meetings are lively!
6. Labor-Dem Work Group Meeting, Wednesday, Jun 12, 5:30pm, United Steel Workers Hall, 47 Alder Lane, Mount Vernon
We will discuss our plans for the Skagit Fair, organize for a showing of the new documentary “Labor Wars of the Northwest,” and next steps for the Grocery Workers and the proposed new refinery safety regulation.
7. UPDATED – The 40th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board Meets Friday, Jun 14, 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Whatcom County Democrats Office, 215 West Holly Street, Suite B-27, Bellingham
8. The 10th Legislative District Democrats‘ Quarterly General Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, Jun 15, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Flyers Restaurant & Brewhouse, 15426 Suite B, Airport Drive, Burlington
9. PCO Social Get-Together, Wednesday, Jun 19, 6:00pm, Mi Mexico, 481 South Burlington Boulevard, Burlington
Vice Chair Lynn Campbell and Alex Del Rosario have scheduled some social get-togethers and a doorbelling activity for this summer. This is the first. This location was chosen as a central location for all legislative districts. You are under no obligation to order anything. We will all be responsible for our own orders. This is a chance for us all to get to know each other better so that we don’t feel so isolated, and and to promote team building. We are excited to have social gatherings with one another. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. NEW – Old Voter Registration Forms are no longer valid
From our Skagit County Democrats Facebook page – You need to get new registration forms. There is no cost to order them. Recycle any forms that you have since they will not accept them. Click Here for “Requesting Voter Registration Forms By Mail” on the Secretary of State website.
11. Please consider helping the Skagit Democrats with a project for the Skagit County Fair
We want to create a ‘Donkey Flipper’ that flips bean bag donkeys into the ‘2020 Democrats Winners Pot!’ A carpenter is needed for the Donkey Flipper (not very hard to make and we have examples of the flipper) and a sewer (one who sews) for the 6 bean bag donkeys. If interested in helping, please contact Janet at email@example.com or 360-770-3512.
12. The Skagit County Democrats are recruiting
The Skagit County Democrats need a cleaning person. Time involved is one or two hours a month. Job includes cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the space and wiping down the food area and other counters. A salary is offered subject to negotiation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, if interested.
13. NEW – A message from 2nd Congressional District Representative Rick Larsen
“Dear Neighbor: I wanted to let you know about an exciting new video series, “Recap with Rick” where I highlight my work on behalf of Washington’s Second District. Every Friday, I discuss the important votes I took in the House of Representatives and highlight organizations and people I met with in Washington’s Second District. In the first episodes, I recapped the first 100 days of the 116th Congress, how I am protecting people with pre-existing conditions, how I helped to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act and how I am ensuring all Americans are treated equally under the law. Subscribe to my channel so you do not miss any weekly updates. Sincerely, Rick Larsen”
14. NEW – A message from 1st Congressional District Representative Suzan DelBene
“Dear Friend, I am pleased to announce that earlier this week the House of Representatives passed my legislation, the National Landslide Preparedness Act, which would establish a National Landslide Hazards Reduction Program through the U.S. Geological Survey to better identify and understand landslide risks, protect communities and property, improve emergency preparedness, and save lives.
None of us will ever forget March 22, 2014, when a tragic landslide took the lives of 43 people and wiped out homes, businesses and roads. Passage of this legislation will allow us to make significant progress in landslide science and will allow communities to be better prepared for when landslides do occur. This is a critical step. We now await passage of the legislation in the Senate so that we can move forward with this important work.
As always, I am here to help you. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my Bothell office at (425) 485-0085. If you have questions or comments about the topics that matter most to you, I encourage you to contact me through my website. You may also keep up-to-date on what I’m doing by following me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Sincerely, Suzan”
15. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.