1. UPDATED – Gala tickets are now available for purchase at the Skagit County Democrats Headquarters
$60 per ticket. To purchase tickets or to donate an item for the auction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-336-1555 during office hours (Monday – Friday, Noon to 4:00pm). Also, you may purchase tickets online by going to the homepage and clicking on the ‘Donate‘ button. All proceeds benefit the work of the Skagit County Democrats.The Gala scheduled for Jun 1 has some volunteer positions to fill during the event. The Gala is our major fund raising event of the year. Time committment for Gala volunteers begins at 4:00pm and ends right after the live auction. If you are interested please call Headquarters at 360-336-1555 or email email@example.com and request more information. A Gala Team member will return your call.
2. NEW – Call for Headquarters volunteers for the Tulip Festival Street Fair, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Apr 19, 20, and 21
Skagit County Democrats try to keep the Headquarters doors open during the Tulip Festival Street Fair. It takes 12 or more people to do so. Sunday of the street fair this year is Easter. Shift coverage is needed as follows:
Friday and Saturday – 9:30am – 2:00pm
2:00pm – 6:30pm
Sunday – 9:30am – 1:00pm
1:00pm – 4:30pm
If more than 6-8 volunteers sign up to work with a key carrier, some hours could be shortened. Please call Headquarters at 360-336-1555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
3. Everyone who loves grocery workers – Happy Hour, Thursday, Mar 28, 5:00pm to 7:00pm, UFCW (United Food and Commercial Workers) Office, 1510 North 18th Street, Mount Vernon (This event was originally scheduled for Feb 12 but postposed.)
We hope that you can join the workers from UFCW 21 and Teamsters 38 at the Community Kick-Off of the 2019 Grocery Campaign in one of the UFCW 21 offices. This is an historic campaign as grocery workers here in Washington have aligned their contract dates with grocery workers in Colorado and California – over 100,000 workers bargaining at the same time! It is a unique opportunity to understand the common challenges facing grocery workers and demand change.
4. The 39th Legislative District Democrats General Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, Mar 30, 10:00am – 1:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
5. NEW – Vote Builder training for Precinct Committee Officers (PCO) is scheduled for Sunday, Mar 31, 2:00pm – 6:00pm, Skagit Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 500 West Section Street, Mount Vernon (behind the Post Office)
This training is for long-time PCOs as well as new PCOs. Alex Del Rosio, Northwest Field Organizer from Washington State Democrats will be presenting our Vote Builder training. If you have a laptop please bring it with you. New PCOs, please contact Janet McKinney in order to receive access to Vote Builder. Please RSVP to: email@example.com ASAP. Food and drinks will be provided.
6. NEW – The next meeting of the Gala Team is scheduled for Thursday, Apr 4, 1:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
7. NEW – Democratic Women on the Rocks, Monday, Apr 9, 4:00pm – 6:00pm, 13 Moons Restaurant, Swinomish Casino, 12885 Casino Drive, Anacortes
8. A message from 2nd Congressional District Representative Rick Larsen about the Congressional Art Competition
“Are you a creative high school student in Washington’s Second Congressional District or do you know someone who is? Showcase your artwork in this year’s Congressional Art Competition! The winning artist will have their piece displayed in the U.S. Capitol for one year and will receive two airline tickets to Washington, D.C. for the Congressional Institute’s Art Competition Reception in June.
The deadline to submit a piece of art to my office is April 26, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. For a full list of guidelines, please visit my website here. Last year, Ana Anderson of Friday Harbor won with her piece “Close your Eyes and Fly Away.” I was delighted to honor Ana at the Congressional Institute’s Art Competition Reception in D.C.
Art can be mailed or delivered to:
Rep. Rick Larsen
Re: Art Competition
Wall Street Building
2930 Wetmore Avenue, Suite 9F
Everett, WA 98201
Rep. Rick Larsen
Re: Art Competition
119 North Commercial Street, Suite 275
Bellingham, WA 98225
If you would like to drop art off at the Bellingham office, please call 425-252-3188 to make an appointment. If you are not sure if you are a constituent of the Second Congressional District, please check here. If you have any questions or would like more information about the Congressional Art Competition, please visit my website or call my district office at 425.252.3188. I look forward to seeing the submissions this year and highlighting the talented students of Washington’s Second District. Sincerely, Rick Larsen”
9. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.