1. NEW – The 39th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board will meet via video conference Tuesday, Mar 5, 7:00pm
You can join the meeting by downloading and running: https://zoom.us/j/353525379. Meeting ID: 353 525 379. Follow on-screen instructions thereafter.
You can also join via telephone:
- One tap mobile
- +16699006833,,353525379# US (San Jose)
- +19292056099,,353525379# US
- Dial by your location
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 929 205 6099 US
2. The 40th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board Meeting, is scheduled for Wednesday, Mar 6, 5:30pm, Whatcom Democrats’ Office, 215 West Holly Street, Suite B-27, Bellingham
3. The next meeting of the Gala Team is Thursday, Mar 7, 1:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
4. NEW – The Skagit County Democrats Central Committee will meet Saturday, Mar 9, 10:00am, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
Among other things, we’ll discuss recruiting candidates for the 2019 general election, and look forward to the April state meetings. We will also have a discussion on PCO training, so bring your questions, and bring a friend. Conference telephone number: 712-432-6110 – passcode: 925312#. (Please note conference call access has recently been updated by the carrier.)
5. The next General Membership Meeting of the 40th Legislative District Democrats will be Sunday, Mar 10, 2:30pm – 4:30pm, San Juan Lanes Bar and Grill, 2821 Commercial Avenue, Anacortes
RSVP here. Our new Senator, Liz Lovelett, will attend our meeting and give a legislative report.
6. NEW – Democratic Women on the Rocks, Monday, Mar 11, 4:00pm – 6:00pm, 13 Moons Restaurant, Swinomish Casino, 12885 Casino Drive, Anacortes
7. NEW – Fidalgo Democrats meet Tuesday, Mar 12, 7:00pm, Anacortes Public Library, 1220 10th Street, Anacortes
Jim Byron, author of Population and Pollution–a Global Warming Primer, and Rev. Vincent Lachina, Northwest Regional Chaplain for Planned Parenthood, will speak on “Stabilizing Population.” A moderated discussion will follow the speakers. Please invite friends, family, and colleagues. And please bring a non-perishable item for the food bank donation box. For more information call Corinne Salcedo, chair, at 360-293-7114.
8. The next Quarterly General Meeting of the 10th Legislative District Democrats is scheduled for Saturday, Mar 16, 10:00am, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
9. 40th Legislative District Democrats Legislative Field Trip, Tuesday, Mar 19, 8:00am – 7:00pm, Washington State Capitol Building, Olympia
Wanna give your elected officials a piece of your mind? Join us for our annual 40th District Democrats Legislative Field Trip! We will carpool, caravan or rent a van if necessary and schedule a fun day meeting with 40th legislators Rep. Jeff Morris & Rep. Debra Lekanoff and possibly our next 40th State Senator. The day will also include breakouts times for those who want to visit with other legislators not on our list. 40th Dems will provide some snacks and water and end the day with an optional no-host dinner with Rep. Jeff Morris in Olympia for those who want to stick around! Free for paid members, $15 for non-members. Please RSVP at email@example.com. Full itinerary to be announced. More information: 360-503-8925. Click Here to sign up.
10. NEW – 40th Legislative District Representative Debra Lekanoff’s “Constituents & Coffee” and newsletter sign-up
“Representative Lekanoff held a “Constituents & Coffee” event this past Saturday at Johnny Picasso’s in Anacortes. This was a wonderful opportunity for her to meet with constituents of the 40th Legislative District to hear about the issues that are important to them. Sign up here to receive Representative Lekanoff’s weekly e-newsletter, and be on the lookout for an invitation to her official Town Hall happening in March! Details to come soon.”
11. NEW – A quick note from newly appointed 40th Legislative District Senator Liz Lovelett
“Hello! It’s Liz Lovelett, I was hoping you can update to have my name in your newsletter now that I’m in office! I would be glad to meet with your delegation when you come down if you are interested, please contact my office at 360-786-7678 to schedule. All the Best, Liz”
12. NEW – A message from Rick Larsen (posted on his Facebook page)
“As a Methodist, I am disappointed in the United Methodist Church’s decision to uphold and strengthen its opposition to same-sex marriage and LGBTQ clergy. The Methodist tradition teaches that social justice and inclusion are the core of our faith. Sadly, the Church’s vote runs counter to that tradition, promoting bigotry and hate. The LGBTQ community is entitled to equal treatment, respect and protection under the law. I will push for the full inclusion and celebration of LGBTQ individuals in the United Methodist Church, not in spite of our faith, but because of it.”
13. NEW – A message from 10th Legislative District Representative Dave Paul
“In the last week, I have received a number of questions about a proposed ban on plastic bags, a proposed clean fuel standard, and house-of-origin cutoff. This week I recorded a video about these topics.
I am using Facebook to communicate with my constituents every day. I post videos, photos of constituent meetings, and updates on various legislative topics. It is a great way to keep up to date on my activities in Olympia. If you are interested, head over and like my Facebook page. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to my office at any time. You can reach me at Dave.Paul@leg.wa.gov, or by phone at 360-786-7914. Thank you, Dave Paul”
14. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.