1. The next Planned Parenthood rally will be Saturday, Dec 8, 11:00am – 12:00pm, 1805 Division Street, Mount Vernon
“I have t-shirts and signs for everyone. Anyone is welcome to make their own sign. Please try to attend to support this wonderful organization that brings quality healthcare to our community!”
2. Lights of Christmas continues Thursday – Sunday, Dec 6 – 9, 6:00pm – 9:00pm, 20800 Marine Drive, Stanwood
Tickets: ADULT (age 13-59) – $16; MILITARY (age 13-59 – Show military ID card at the front gate) – $13; SENIOR (age 60+) – $13; YOUTH (age 4-12) – $12; CHILD (age 0-3) – FREE. Click Here to purchase tickets on-line.
3. NEW – Burlington Annual Tree Lighting and Santa’s Arrival, Thursday, Dec 6, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Alpha Park, 631 East Fairhaven Avenue, Burlington
4. NEW – Visit with Firefighter Santa, Friday, Dec 7, 12:00pm – 9:00pm and Sunday, Dec 9, 12:00pm – 7:00pm, Skagit County Fire District 6 – Bay Ridge Station, 16220 Peterson Road, Burlington
Bring your Kids and your Camera and take pictures with Santa on our Fire Engine. Cookies and Apple Cider will be served. Everyone is welcome! This event is a Fire Department Fundraiser so that we can build a training prop that will help to train new firefighters and keep our seasoned firefighters’ skills sharp. Any donation will help us to reach our goal!
5. NEW – Anacortes Christmas Tree Lighting, Friday, Dec 7, 6:00pm – 7:00pm, 819 Commercial Avenue, Anacortes
Come on down to the Chamber Building to celebrate the lighting of our crab pot Christmas Tree. There will be performances by local choirs and free pictures with Santa.
6. NEW – Winter Wonderland at The Outlet Shoppes at Burlington, Friday, Dec 7, 12:00pm – 8:00pm; Saturday, Dec 8, 10:00am – 8:00pm; Sunday, Dec 9, 11:00am – 5:00pm, 448 Fashion Way, Burlington
The Children’s Museum of Skagit County is creating a WINTER WONDERLAND. There will be activities for children, families, teens, and adults – indoor and outdoor fun for everyone! The entire event is FREE and we are encouraging local families as well as those from all over the Pacific Northwest to enjoy it with them. Every day there will be REAL SNOW from Mt. Baker for kids to play in. You can also learn about skiing and snowboarding, build a snowman, try snowshoeing, paint snow & more! There will be REINDEER from Reindeer Express & characters from Enchanting Events, bouncy inflatables of all shapes & sizes from Ideal Rent-All, carnival games, curling, face painting, crafts, and the list of activities is STILL GROWING!
7. NEW – Skagit Symphony Holiday Concert, Saturday, Dec 8, 7:30pm, Skagit Valley College, McIntyre Hall Performing Arts Center, 2501 East College Way, Mount Vernon
Skagit Symphony’s Holiday Concert features guest conductor, Susan Bailey Robinson. Program includes; Pergolesi’s Magnificat, featuring the Skagit Symphony’s Chorus, selections from Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Ballet, Sibelius’ Karelia Suite, plus seasonal favorites. Come get in the holiday spirit. Tickets available through McIntyre Hall Box Office (360) 416-7727. Ages: 16 and up. Price: $10-45
8. NEW – Christmas Bazaar and Children’s Craft Fair, Saturday, Dec 8, 10:00am – 1:00pm, Concrete Elementary School gym, 7838 S Superior Ave, Concrete
9. NEW – Breakfast with Santa hosted by Beta Sigma Phi, Saturday, Dec 8, 8:30am – 11:00am, Sedro-Woolley Community Center, 703 Pacific Street, Sedro-Woolley
10. NEW – Annual Lions Club Parade, Saturday, Dec 8, 11:00am – 12:00pm, downtown Commercial Avenue, Anacortes
11. NEW – Christmas Lighted Boat Parade, Saturday, Dec 8, 6:00pm – 7:00pm, Swinomish Channel, La Conner
The annual tradition of festively lit boats parade through the Swinomish Channel.
12. NEW – Alger Sunday Holiday Market, Sunday, Dec 9, 12:00pm – 5:00pm, Alger Community Hall, 18735 Parkview Lane, Burlington (Alger)
Come and shop for local gifts from local artist and crafters. We are a small but unique market offering handmade soaps and creams, locally roasted coffee, plants, wreaths, gifts for your pets, jewelry, hand-made stylized bread boards from local forests, handmade instruments made out of recycled woods, bird houses, walking sticks, fine wooden bowls and spoons, lots of fun holiday crafts, wicked rocks and gems, yard art and yard games. We have a cozy, comfy atmosphere so please bring cash because most of our vendors do not have a way to process debit cards.