1. NEW – Indivisible Skagit General Meeting, Monday, Sep 17, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Burlington Public Library, 820 East Washington Avenue, Burlington
2. NEW – Ivan Lewis is hosting a Coffee and Desserts event Friday, Sep 21, 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Monroe Community Senior Center, 276 Sky River Parkway, Monroe
3. The 39th Legislative District Democrats Executive Board meets Saturday, Sep 22, 10:00am – 1:00pm, Buzz Inn Steakhouse, 5200 172nd Street Northeast, Arlington
4. The 10th Legislative District Democrats will have their quarterly General Membership meeting Saturday, Sep 22, 10:00am at the Flyers Restaurant at the Skagit Airport, 15426 Airport Drive, Burlington
Special program for the meeting is simply to hear from any and all Democrats running for any and all offices in the area, with a special welcome to our Legislative candidates, Dave Paul and Scott McMullen. An agenda for the meeting will be available before the meeting.
5. ATTENTION – Special Meeting of the Skagit Democrats, including the Central Committee and all paid members of the Skagit County Democrats is scheduled for Saturday, Sep 22, 2:00pm, Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
The purpose of the meeting is to consider endorsement of the Skagit Home Rule charter any other endorsements that may be be offered. An agenda will be forthcoming. Chair Bob Doll will appoint a committee of PCO’s to draft the precise language of endorsement for the charter and to propose a slate of freeholder candidates for consideration by the voters. Any PCO’s who particularly want to serve on that committee should inform Bob Doll promptly – email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 360-899-4125. The names and Commissioner Districts for freeholder candidates are available at the Skagit County Auditor Elections website. The Skagit County Democrats Executive Board has recommended endorsement of the platform of the Home Rule Charter. Click Here for more information.
6. NEW – The Whatcom County Democrats’ Eleanor Roosevelt Dinner: the Blue Wave Fundraiser is scheduled for Saturday, Sep 22, 5:30pm – 9:00pm, Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, 4876 Haxton Way, Ferndale
Speakers include Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Congressman Rick Larsen. Click Here for ticket information.
7. Indivisible Bellingham’s Your Vote Counts! Block Party, Sunday, Sep 23, 12:00pm – 3:00pm, Depot Market Square, Bellingham (Farmers’ Market), 1100 Railroad Ave, Bellingham
We hope that the Skagit Democrats can join us with a table. The purposes of this event are to get people revved up for voting, to get them registered and make sure their addresses are updated, to expose them to candidates and activists, to recruit canvassers and raise money (etc.), and to give everyone a chance to network and strengthen our community as well as to party. This is a non-partisan event, along the lines of the Joy of Voting campaign. To see the video Click Here. Everyone is invited. And everyone can do their own (partisan) thing. There will be a beer garden and four bands, we have invited all 21 candidates on the November ballot to attend, and our speakers will be from the Washington State’s Attorney General’s Office, the State Secretary of State’s Office, local offices, and a high school.
8. NEW – Debra Lekanoff has a fundraiser scheduled for Wednesday, Sep 26, 6:00pm – 7:30pm, Taylor Shellfish Farms, 2182 Chuckanut Drive (State Route 11), Bow
HOSTED BY: Speaker Frank Chopp, State Senator Kevin Ranker, Representatives Joe Fitzgibbon, Kris Lytton and Jeff Morris, San Juan County Councilmember Jamie Stephens, Democratic Party Chair Tina Podlodowski, Lummi Chairman Jeremiah Jay Julius, Joe & Lindsey Bowen, Nicole Brown, Natasha Frey, Bill Dewey, Darrell Hillaire, Martha Kongsgaard, Bill Taylor, and Julie Trimingham.
Editor’s Note: Chuckanut Drive is currently obstructed by a rock slide between Chuckanut Manor and Taylor Shellfish. It should be cleared by the date of this event. However, Click Here for updated DOT information.
9. Snohomish County Democrats Blue Wave Gala, Saturday, Sep 29, 5:00pm – 11:30pm, Everett Yacht Club, 404 14th Street, Everett
Featured speaker: Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson. Tickets – $100. A majority of the funds raised will be donated to races targeting red seats for the final push before the general election ballots hit the mailboxes. Only 200 tickets are being sold, so act fast. Email email@example.com for any questions.
10. UPDATED – The 40th Legislative District Democrats General Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, Oct 6, 12:15pm, Orcas Hotel, 18 Orcas Hill Road, Orcas Island
This meeting will include endorsements.
11. Mark your calendars – Our bi-annual Reorganization is scheduled to take place on Saturday, Dec 8, 10:00am at our Skagit County Democrats Headquarters, 300A South First Street, Mount Vernon
“The Central Committee will elect replacements for all of our officers, appoint committee members and chairs, and generally set ourselves on course for the presidential election process in 2020. That’s the year when we want to elect a replacement for the current embarrassment, as well as a Democratic congress. We need the best talent we can attract to serve in all our leadership positions. So please give serious thought to the position in which you’d like to serve and help lead us to success in 2019-2020.
While anyone may attend the reorganization meeting, only elected PCO’s may vote. PCO’s who were elected in the August primary will take office on Dec 1 of this year and thus may vote at the reorganization. I hope to see all PCO’s at our December meeting. Have a great Democratic day! Bob Doll”
12. Dave Paul, Scott McMullen (10th Legislative District Representative candidates), and Janet St. Clair (3rd District Island County Commissioner candidate) have opened a campaign office at 749 Pioneer Way, Oak Harbor
13. NEW – Links of the Week
The Link of the Week provides in-depth pieces the Editor has found to be relevant, insightful, and thorough on important issues of the day.