1. NEW – The 10th Legislative District Executive Board meets at the Stanwood Office on Saturday, Aug 20 at 10:00am.
The new office phone number is 360-572-2163.
2. NEW – Mark your calendar! Our Patriot Day Picnic is now scheduled for Sunday, Sep 11 from Noon to 4:00pm at Pioneer Park, 1200 South Third Street, in La Conner.
Pioneer Park was established in the early 1930’s when a generous donation of land was deeded to the Town by Louisa A. Conner. Pioneer Park is located at the south end of Town on a wooded hill overlooking the Swinomish Channel. The park is located on the east side of the Rainbow Bridge. The park has cooking facilities and a covered eating area with tables, benches and restroom facilities. The park also features a bandstand located in a natural amphitheater. The park is easily accessible from the town of La Conner and from the Rainbow Bridge.
3. NEW – Skagit Democrats West is open. It is located at 2510 M Ave Anacortes across from the Family Physicians office. The driveway is on 25th street.
We have Hillary signs ($10 each or 2 for $15) and Yes on I-735 ($10 each). Other signs are free and may be picked up at any time.
To purchase signs:
- My car needs to be there.
- You can call to arrange a time (360-588-8114 – leave a message or 319-621-0289 – cell phone)
- Note: I am not a morning person.
4. NEW – Attention PCOs – The Skagit County Democrats Reorganization meeting will be held at 10:00 am on Saturday, Dec 10 at the Skagit County Democratic Party headquarters at 300A South First Street in Mount Vernon.
Please be on hand.
5. NEW – Fidalgo Democrats have a Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/FidalgoDemocrats/.
6. To see the recent Primary Election results Click Here.
For statewide results Click Here.
7. 39th Legislative District is looking for volunteers to staff the booth at the Evergreen State Fair, Friday, Aug 26, Monroe
Our day at the fair will be Friday, Aug 26. We will need to cover the booth from 10:00am until 10:00pm. We will need volunteers to cover 4 hour shifts: 10:00am – 2:00pm, 2:00pm – 6:00pm, 6:00pm – 10:00pm. Please let Tom Lee know if you can cover one our more of these shifts – email@example.com.
NEW – Concrete Cascade Days 2016 – Saturday and Sunday, Aug 20 & 21
Parade starts at 11am on August 20.
1. Listen to We Do the Work, Tuesdays, 6:30 pm, at KSVR, 91.7; KSVU, 90.1; or KSJU, 91.9 FM
A weekly local worker radio program that features news, interviews, music, and comments, “We Do the Work” believes American workers are at the heart of our economy and culture, deserving dignity, respect, and a decent family wage. To hear our other shows, go to We Do The Work Archives. Questions about interviews? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW – We Do The Work’s program for Tuesday, Aug. 16, 6:30pm, 91.7 FM – Jim Cullen, Editor of The Progressive Populist Newspaper, Part 2
Interview by Ken Winkes: Jim brings us good information about what the government has done for the people. For more information, go to http://www.populist.com/.
We Do The Works Comment:
- A report is given about our truly alarming employment numbers
2. Listen to Speak Up! Speak Out! Radio
We are a half-hour weekly, locally-produced radio show committed to community, peace, justice, and non-violence issues. Topics and interviewees change weekly. Our shows are available anytime or subscribe to podcasts at http://www.speakupspeakoutradio.org/. Interested in getting SUSO e-News? Contact SUSOenews@gmail.com
SUSO Radio airs at:
- KSVR 91.7 FM, Mount Vernon, Wednesdays 5:00pm, rebroadcasts Sundays 8:00pm
- KMRE 102.3 FM, Bellingham, Sundays 11:00am and Wednesdays 7:30am
- KSVU 90.1 FM, Hamilton, Sundays 8:00pm and Thursdays 8:00am
NEW – SUSO, Wed., Aug 17, 2016 We Live Here
Dave McConnell (email@example.com) hosts a show noting that we share our community with gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgender folk. Young people from that minority segment of our culture share their stories.
Don Ambrose, Editor
NOTE – Please send all Newsletter submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org . I prefer to receive submissions by each Thursday but can accept them up to Saturday morning.