On April 2, the Whatcom County Democratic Women’s Club is hosting a public brunch where candidates will mingle with attendees and then join a panel to present their reasons for running. Attendees will be able to chat directly with candidates and ask questions both during the panel presentations and in face-to-face conversations.
When: April 2, 2016, from 9:30 to 1:30Where: Northwood Hall 3240 Northwest Ave, Bellingham, WA 98225
“This is a unique opportunity to meet the candidates informally as well as see them in campaign mode,” explained Anne Richardson, Vice-President of the Whatcom County Democratic Women’s Club. “We are very pleased to sponsor this event for the community and we welcome all to attend,” she added. The Whatcom County Democratic Women’s Club mission is to educate, energize and elect. The group has been sponsoring candidate forums since 2006.
“Presidential elections tend to draw large voter turnouts and the media coverage this year has garnered tremendous interest and intense feelings amongst many voters,” commented Denise Marshall, President of the Whatcom County Democratic Women’s Club. For those who are engaged and wish to meet candidates directly, this brunch is the ideal venue. It is a pleasant, stimulating and effective way to get a close up of key candidates who will have a profound effect on our lives if elected.”
2016 Legislative Forum Speakers
- US Senator Patty Murray: Seeking re-election to the US Senate
- Mayor Kelli Linville: Re-elected as Mayor of Bellingham in 2015
- State Rep Kristine Lytton: Re-elected to the 40th District
- State Senator Karen Frazer: Seeking the office of Lt. Governor
- Toni Podlodowski: Seeking the office of Secretary of State
- Erin Jones: Seeking the office of Superintendent of Public Instruction